New Year New Blog

It's a new year and I thought I'd start a blog that I don't personally have to maintain the coding upkeep. As a web developer I've maintained a number of my own sites (CMS Websites, Blogs, Wikis, eCommerce etc.) But they become a full-time job just to maintain. 


As any IT geek I spend a portion of most days researching how to do something via Google, some forum or blog so I thought I'd start by giving back to those that have posted before and will post in the future.

Q: A simple enough question how do you re-size a PDF (Portable Document Format) from A4 to A3.
A: There are ways of doing this but it depends on your criteria:
1) There is a way to do it in Acrobat Pro... simply print to PDF.
However this can take a fair amount of memory and error out sometimes and depending on what you want to edit on the file later and how it was produced you might not be able to make the alterations you want if required.


2) Use a third party program that has this functionality such as CutePDF which will usually strip all future potential editing possibilities.

3) The correct way is to do it in the original editing program such as Adobe Illustrator (if you have the original file). Please see DIGITALIFA's blog for details. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stay COVID Meeting Safe

Cyber Security Awareness 002: Understanding PII (Personally Identifiable Information)

Filling the G-Apps: Adding/Embedding LucidChart in Google Sites